Non-Discrimination Statement: As a public charter school, Bridge Prep is open to all New York State students and will not limit the admission of any student on any unlawful basis, including on the basis of ethnicity, disability, race, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, athletic ability, or intellectual aptitude or achievement. We do not require any action (such as an admissions test, interview, essay, attendance at an information session etc) on the part of potential students or families as a condition of eligibility for enrollment.
Our application process for the 2022-2023 is now underway and we are accepting applications for new students in grades 1-5. In accordance with our admissions policy and NYS Education Law, should the number of applications for a given grade exceed the number of seats available, an admissions lottery, open to the public, will be held on in accordance with our admissions policy described below.
Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis through the close of the initial application window at 11:59 p.m. on April 1, 2022. All applications received by this deadline will be included in our 2022-2023 Admissions Lottery. Any application received after the close of the initial application window (11:59 p.m. on April 1, 2022) will be accepted but will be held until after the conclusion of each grades lottery and will be included on the grade’s respective waitlist, along with any students who were not selected in the lottery.
Students will be considered for admission based on the information included on their application at the time of the application’s submission. When applying to Bridge Prep, students should be applying for the grade that they are expected to be enrolled in upcoming school year. For example, if a student is 1st grade at the time of their application submission, they should be applying for 2nd grade for the upcoming school year. Should a student apply to Bridge Prep after the start of the school year, the student should apply for a seat in their current grade.
In the event that there is a change to the grade that the student is admitted for, or the waitlist they are placed on for the upcoming school year as a result of promotional status determination from the student’s sending school, Bridge Prep will follow its Promotional Policy to make a determination on the appropriate grade placement for the student at Bridge Prep for the upcoming school year.
Bridge Prep’s 2022-2023 Admissions Lottery will be held on April 6, 2022, in accordance with NYS Education Law and all families of students who have applied are welcome to attend the lottery, but will not be required to attend nor be penalized for non-attendance. A disinterested party will take part in the process and results of the lottery will be posted on this page.
Admission preference shall be granted to applicants in the following manner, consistent with NYS Education Law, our admissions policy and our mission of serving students with dyslexia or other reading and language related disabilities.
- Verified siblings of current Bridge Prep students. A verified sibling includes a half-sibling, a stepsibling, and/or a foster sibling who lives in the same household of the child seeking admission or enrollment to Bridge Prep.
- Students who reside in NYC Community School District 31(CSD 31) with a current IEP that indicates the student has dyslexia, an impairment in reading or difficulties with/an impairment in phonological awareness skills and development. Please note: In order to be considered for the second preference, it must be indicated on the student’s submitted application, and can be done so by answering the application question specific to this preference. If a student receives a seat in the lottery because of this preference and, at the time of enrollment, it is determined that the child does in fact not qualify for this preference, the student will be placed at the bottom of the respective grades waitlist.
- Students residing in CSD 31;
- Students who are children of full-time Bridge Prep employees
- Students residing outside of CSD 31.
As seats become available at a given grade, Bridge Prep will go to the waitlist to fill the seat. The waitlist for seats in the 2022-2023 school year will remain active until December 30, 2022 at which time it will close. Waitlists do not carry over from year to year.