On March 11, 2021, the President signed into law the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP). New York State has been allocated nearly $9 billion in ARP Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds. These funds are focused on:
- Supporting the safe return to in-person instruction and continuity of services;
- Addressing the impact of lost instructional time through the implementation of evidence-based interventions, such as summer learning or summer enrichment, extended day, comprehensive afterschool programs, or extended school year programs;
- Ensuring that such interventions respond to students’ academic, social, and emotional needs; and
- Addressing the disproportionate impact of the coronavirus on economically disadvantaged students, children with disabilities, English learners, racial and ethnic minorities, migrant students, students experiencing homelessness, and children and youth in foster care.
Bridge Prep has been allocated a total of $254,396 to spend over the duration of the grant period. The school’s current ARP ESSER Plan for the current school year and the school years for the duration of the grant period can be found below. Stakeholders in our community may provide feedback on the plan to the Executive Director via email, with the subject line: ARP ESSER Plan feedback.
2021-2022 School Year
- Purchasing of additional educational technology to improve the in-person instructional experience for all students in their classrooms.
- Hiring of an additional staff member + the purchasing of school wide resources(assessments, materials, professional development) to provide students with implemented social emotional supports, as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic and return to in-person instruction.
2021-2024 School Years
- Hiring additional instructional staff to maximize in-person instructional time.
- Offering of weekly Academic After-School Enrichment programming to address learning loss by providing students with targeted learning supports in CORE subjects of math, reading(ELA) and writing
- Offering of a multi-week Summer Learning Enrichment program available to students in need of additional academic and social supports to prevent summer learning loss.
- Provision of targeted Professional Learning Opportunities. for staff, related to improving learning outcomes for at-risk students