Lottery: As of April 1, 2020, Bridge Prep has received more applications than seats available for grades 2 and 3. As such, a randomized public admissions lottery for seats in grades 2 and 3 only will be conducted on April 6, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. You can access the lottery by clicking here. All families of students who have applied for grades 2 and 3 will be notified about the public lottery via e-mail, but will not be required to attend nor be penalized for non-attendance. Admission preference shall be granted to applicants in the following manner:
(1) Verified Siblings. A verified sibling includes a half-sibling, a step-sibling, and/or a foster sibling who lives in the same household of the child seeking admission or enrollment to Bridge Prep.
(2) Students who reside on Staten Island (NYC CSD 31) with a current IEP that indicates the student has dyslexia, an impairment in reading or difficulties with/an impairment in phonological awareness skills and development.
**In order to be considered for this preference, it must be indicated on the student’s submitted application, and can be done so by answering the application question specific to this preference. If a student receives a seat because of this preference and, at the time of enrollment, it is determined that the child does in fact not qualify for this preference, the student will be placed at the bottom of the respective grades waitlist.
(3) Students residing in CSD 31. A student, with the exception of a student in temporary housing or in foster care, is considered as residing in CSD 31 if the address listed as student’s primary residence on the student’s application is located in CSD 31. If there is conflicting information as to a student’s primary residence, Bridge Prep makes a final determination using its best judgment
(4) Students who are children of full-time Bridge Prep employees (provided that this enrollment does not exceed 15 percent of the entire student population).
(5) Students residing outside of CSD 31.
Seat Offer: If a student has been admitted to Bridge Prep via the lottery, parents or guardians will be notified via email and phone within 48 hours of the completion of the lottery and will have until April 30, 2020 to accept their seat. The notification will include a list of information needed upon enrollment.
Should a family not accept a seat offer by the established deadline, the student will be placed at the bottom of the respective grades waitlist (should one exist) and the seat will then be offered to the next student, in order, from the specific grades waitlist.